Apple Crumble Muffins
- 120ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp OSU Vinegar
- 250g oats flour (oats blitzed into a flour)
- 20g oats
- 20g flaked almonds
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 20g coconut/brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 220g apple sauce
- 100g coconut or brown sugar
- 60g sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 diced apple
- Add 120ml plant-based milk and 1 tbsp OSU Vinegar and leave for 5 mins to curdle.
- Prepare the crumble topping: stir together 50g oats flour with 20g oats + 20g flaked almonds + 1 tsp cinnamon + 20g coconut/brown sugar + 3 tbsp sunflower oil until crumbly.
- Whisk together 220g apple sauce + 100g coconut or brown sugar + 60g sunflower oil + 1 tsp vanilla essence into the curdled milk.
- In a second bowl stir together 200g oat flour (oats blitzed into a flour) + 100g ground almonds + 1 ½ tsp baking powder + ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda + 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Divide between 12 muffin cases and top with 1 diced apple. Sprinkle over the crumble topping and press down slightly.
- Bake at 160Fan/180*C for 25-30mins until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar here or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.