Miso Glazed Aubergines
Miso is a fermented soybean paste and a staple of the Japanese kitchen larder. Since its 13th century origins, it has been used to add complex, deeply savoury layers to all kinds of dishes. Here, baby aubergines are generously coated in an OSU, miso and honey glaze and grilled until soft, giving and lightly charred. A light drizzle of chilli oil to finish adds a gentle warmth to the dish; a beautiful accompaniment to larger shared dishes or simply enjoyed with a bowl of steamed rice. When paired with our Cherry Cooler drink, this makes for the perfect home-cooked dining experience.
- 5 baby aubergines
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp organic runny honey
- 2 tbsp OSU Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed, to garnish
- Chilli Oil to serve, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Half the aubergines lengthways, and, with the tip of a knife, carefully score a diamond pattern into the flesh of each half and neatly arrange on a baking tray cut side facing up.
- Combine the miso paste, honey and OSU and generously brush over the OSU-miso glaze. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the aubergines in the oven for 30 minutes or until centres have become tender and the surface is well caramelised. Arrange the aubergines onto a large flat plate, drizzle with chilli oil and sprinkle with the spring onion and toasted sesame.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar here or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.