Onion & Pea Gyoza
Fresh garden peas, spring onions & chilli are lightly crushed and seasoned before being wrapped in delicate dumpling wrappers and steamed in a pan for a delicate top and crisp base. Osu is blended with chilli oil, soy and grated garlic to create a punchy refreshing gyoza dip.
(makes 12 gyozas)
- 140g flour, plus extra for dusting
- 125ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 50ml water for steaming
- 2 cups of garden peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- A small handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp OSU Original
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp of fresh, grated ginger
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour and water into a rough dough. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Return to the mixing bowl, cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your filing: in a food processor, pulse your garden peas into a rough paste. Add to a bowl and combine with the spring onion, chilli, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To make your dipping sauce, combine the OSU, soy sauce, honey, grated ginger and chilli oil.
- When your gyoza dough has rested, roll out into a long sausage, roughly an inch thick. Cut this into 12 equal pieces and shape these into individual balls. Using a rolling pin, flatten and roll each ball into a flat disc, roughly 1-2mm thick. Spoon 1 tsp of pea filling into the centre and using your finger, run a wet finger the around edge of half of the disc. Now bring the dry edge over, folding this into pleats before pressing them to the wet edge to seal your gyoza. Repeat these steps until you have 12 gyozas.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bases of your gyoza, for 2 minutes until golden and crisp. Now pour in 50ml of water and cover with a lid, allowing the gyoza to steam for 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately, arranged around a plate with the OSU dipping sauce.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar here or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.