Pickled Cucumber Salad
This flavourful salad recipe is made up of cucumber ribbons and apple strips are lightly pickled in OSU, tossed with baby leaves and served on a bed of herby rice, dressed in a refreshing yuzu dressing. Yuzu is a fragrant and sour citrus fruit used in many Japanese & Korean recipes. You can find the fresh fruit in organic grocers or bottled yuzu juice in many supermarkets. Alternatively, you can simply swap in lemon juice - the dressing tastes great with either. This recipe is perfect is your trying to adopt clean eating or if you’re looking for something light and tasty.
- ½ cucumber
- 1 green apple, cored & cut into strips
- 100ml OSU Original
- 1 tsp yuzu juice or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 150g sushi rice, washed
- Small bunch of coriander, leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
- 40g mixed baby salad leaves.
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into thin ribbons.
- In a mixing bowl, place 80ml of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar & 40ml of water. Dress the ribboned cucumber and apple matchsticks in the mix and set aside to pickle for 20 minutes.
- Submerge the rice in 240ml of water in a saucepan and place the lid on top. Bring the rice to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes or when all the water has been absorbed. Remove the saucepan from the hob and allow to steam for another 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Drain any excess liquid off of the pickled vegetables and toss with the baby leaves.
- Once the rice has steamed fluff with a fork & add the chopped coriander stalks and half of the leaves, yuzu juice, sesame oil and the remaining OSU. mix well to coat.
- Spoon the herby rice into bowls, place the salad on top & garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and toasted sesame.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar at Amazon, or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.