Spring Vegetable Tempura
- Vegetable oil, to deep fry
- 50g plain flour
- 50g corn flour
- 150ml soda water
- ½ tsp salt
- 35 ml OSU Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 50g tenderstem broccoli
- 50g sugar snap peas
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 50g asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the flours, salt, ginger powder, lemon juice, 20ml OSU Apple Cider Vinegar and soda water into a light, bubbly batter.
- In a deep pan or fryer, heat the vegetable oil to 190c.
- Coat the vegetables in the batter and carefully fry lower the vegetables into the hot oil in batches. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until crisp and lightly golden. Drain on a plate with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil and 15ml Apple Cider Vinegar together and serve along with the tempura.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar at Amazon, or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.