Sunday Brunch Bowl
Brunch doesn’t always mean indulgence. A meal in the space between breakfast and lunch might just happen because you’ve achieved that long lie-in you’ve been dreaming about all week. This coconut fried brown rice bowl strikes just the right balance between a lazy Sunday treat and food you’re proud to eat (in bed). The addition of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar gives this healthy rice bowl another dimension of flavour. Garnished with egg yolk, coriander leaves and the sesame seeds - this rice bowl is perfect for Brunch.
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 350g brown rice, cooked
- 150ml OSU Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 organic egg yolks
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Sesame seeds
- Place the spring onion and red chilli slices in a bowl with the OSU Apple Cider Vinegar and allow to lightly pickle for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add the ginger & garlic and cook for 2 minutes, followed by the brown rice for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add the pickled vegetables along with a few tablespoons of the OSU pickle liquid & the soy sauce. Stir the rice well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the liquid has mostly evaporated and the rice is beginning to brown slightly.
- Place the fried rice into 2 shallow bowls & top each with an egg yolk, coriander leaves and the sesame seeds.