Sweet & Sour Miso Broth
Discover our take on a classic Japanese dish. This sweet and sour miso broth comprises of enoki mushrooms which are very popular in Japanese cuisine. Sliced spring onions also feature in this tasty dish, providing a mild but enjoyable flavour. This recipe is topped off by julienned ginger, emerald greens and OSU apple cider vinegar, creating a delicious balance of vibrant flavours.
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 800ml water
- 1 tsp mild chilli paste
- 2cm fresh ginger, julienned (cut into thin strips)
- 1-2 tbsp OSU Original
- 40g spring greens, finely sliced
- 40g Japanese mushrooms, such as shitake or enoki
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Add the water to a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the white miso paste and mix well, then stir in the chilli paste.
- Peel and julienne the ginger and add this to the soup miso broth. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Trim the ends of the enoki mushrooms and add to the pot along with the spring greens. Allow to cook for another 2 minutes or until the vegetables have become tender.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the OSU Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix well and let it stand for 5 minutes. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with sliced spring onions.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar here or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.