Veggie Cauliflower Burger with Spicy Vegan Mayo
Serves: 2 / Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 15 minutes / Total time: 30 minutes
A rich, aromatic sauce of soy, garlic, ginger, turmeric and OSU Original ACV is brushed over thick cauliflower steaks before they are roasted in the oven until golden and starting to char. The steaks fill soft brioche buns, topped with a zesty red cabbage and carrot slaw, finished with a fiery vegan mayo for the ultimate plant based feast.
- 1 small-medium cauliflower
- 150ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic clove, minced
- 2cm fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp Osu Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp gochujang paste
- 4 brioche buns, halved
- 100g blanched kale
- ⅛ a head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, turmeric and 2 tbsp of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Slice the cauliflower into thick steaks (you should get 4-6 slices) and lay them out across a large baking tray. Brush the steaks with the sauce and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the red cabbage, carrot, lime juice and sesame seeds together in a bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and gochujang paste to make a spicy mayo.
- MLightly toast the brioche buns and spread with spicy mayo, then top with blanched kale, 2 cauliflower steaks and a generous spoonful of vibrant slaw.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar at Amazon, or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.