Veggie Sushi Sandwich Pockets
Cooked Sushi rice is seasoned with OSU Original ACV and sesame seed. A sheet of nori is filled with layers of sushi rice, OSU pickled cabbage, soy glazed sweet potato and slices of avocado. The sheets are then folded carefully into perfect sushi sandwich pockets. Finish off with a drizzle of sriracha/OSU mayo. As well as being delicious, OSU Veggie Sushi Sandwich Pockets are also easy to make. This recipe uses fresh ingredients, to create a tasty and unique dish.
- 4 roasted nori sheets
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 tbsp OSU Apple Cider Vinegar
- 350g sushi rice
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan.
- Wash the sushi rice until the water runs clear.
- Add it to a pot with 290ml of water and place on the lid. Bring it to a boil before reducing the heat, letting it simmer until the water has evaporated. Turn the heat off and let it stand with the lid on for a further 15 minutes.
- Put the rice into a wide flat tray and season with 3 tbsp OSU Apple Cider Vinegar and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds. Fold the rice carefully and allow it to cool.
- Slice the sweet potato into thick sized disks and lay on a tray. Mix the soy sauce, 1 tbsp agave, 1 tbsp OSU Apple Cider Vinegar and sesame oil together and glaze the potato. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Shred the red cabbage and add to a mixing bowl. Pour in 2 tbsp of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 tbsp agave syrup and toss well.
- Lay the shiny side of the nori sheet down and rotate it so the edge is pointing upwards. Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice. Place it in the centre of the sheet and shape it into a square.
- Add layers of sweet potato, avocado and pickled red cabbage. Top with another square of sushi rice.
- Dampen the edges of the nori with a little water and bring up the corners over the filling. Seal the sandwich and cut in half.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sriracha and ½ tbsp OSU Apple Cider Vinegar together and drizzle over the sushi sandwiches.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar at Amazon, or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.