Seared Tuna Sashimi
This delectable recipe is bound to have your taste buds tingling. A thick tuna steak is marinated in honey and Osu Apple Cider Vinegar with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, then seared in a hot pan and finely sliced. The carpaccio is arranged across a plate with wasabi & avocado puree, topped with Japanese micro herbs and served with a citrus lime & Osu dipping sauce. Pair this recipe with our OSU Mediterranean Refresher drink for a flawless combination of flavours.
- 200g thick tuna steak
- 3 tbsp OSU Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- Japanese micro herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- In a very hot frying pan, add the 1 tbsp of the sesame oil and sear each side of the tuna steak for 10 - 15 seconds. Transfer the steak to a plate to rest.
- In a food processor blitz the avocado, wasabi paste and juice of 1 lime together until smooth.
- In a dipping bowl, add 2 tbsp of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar the remaining lime juice and sesame oil.
- Place the tuna steak onto a chopping board and with a sharp knife, slice it into thin pieces, around 1cm. Arrange the slices on a large chilled plate, and top with dots of puree. Garnish with the micro herbs and sesame seeds and serve alongside the dipping sauce.
Want to make this recipe today? Find your own bottle of OSU Apple Cider Vinegar here or buy at your local Tesco or Boots store, on Ocado. Don’t forget to share what you’ve made on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with #OsuRecipe.